WORK PERMIT FOR SPOUSE/PARTNER
If you are an international student who pursues your higher education in Canada planning to bring your spouse they can apply for an open work permit visa that tends to will allow them to work on or off-campus full-time while you study in Canada. Find out the eligibility requirements for a Spouse work permit visa through our blog. An open work permit is not as you apply for a specific job. It allows your spouse /partner to apply for any job accepted by the employer based on their requirements. The open work permit visa is valid for your spouse until you stay in Canada. Sometimes, you may need to provide medical examination results to get a Spouse Work Permit Canada.
Apply process for a Spouse Work permit
You can apply for a Spouse Work permit both outside and inside Canada, for that, you do not need a valid job offer. The duration might not exceed your spouse/partner visa. In some cases, Canadian visa offices abroad will process spouse/partner work permit applications at the same time as study permit applications. In this case, you will need to include the additional fee for the work permit and complete the work permit application for your spouse/partner. You can apply for a visa by two methods either through the work permit or through the employer. If you apply through the employer you need to apply for Labour Market Impact Assessment(LMIA) through a specific employer.
Application process through the specific employer
The process to apply spouse visa is similar to the work permit visa you can apply online or through the regulated immigration consultant, they will help you thoroughly with the process. The similar documents or conditions that have been required to apply for a spouse visa are mentioned below.
- As a spouse or common-law partner, you will need to meet the following conditions to apply for a Spouse Work Permit Canada:
- You must hold a temporary resident permit in Canada that is valid for at least six months or more; or
- You have applied for permanent residency under Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada -class; or
- You are eligible to apply for a work permit under Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).
If your spouse or common-law partner also has a valid work permit, then you will need to attach a copy of his/her work permit document with your application. You will also need to provide the underlying additional documents:
- A letter from your spouse’s employer confirming the skilled nature of his/her work in a NOC, O, B, or an occupation.
- A copy of your spouse’s job offer letter from an employment contract
- .A copy of the recent salary slips.
- You are eligible based on your qualification and experience to apply for a work permit.
if your spouse /partner studying in Canada you can apply for a spouse visa and be valid for a time period until your partner study in Canada. After their visa time elapse over your visa time also concludes. You can apply for this visa online or from an Immigration consultant. If you have any queries about the spouse visa our experts will guide you. Consult with our Immigration experts for your queries.